While any of Yoga Asanas you perform daily can help you get healthy skin, there are certain poses that are more beneficial where it helps in detoxification, increase circulation, and reduce stress. Here are the 4 Yoga Asanas for beautiful skin that helps you get glowing skin.
Before starting up these Yoga poses, ensure you warm up your body with a few rounds of sun salutations.
Yoga for Beautiful Face
1. Uttanasana (Standing Forward Bend)
Uttanasana or Intense Forward-Bending Pose is not just great for Hip, Hamstring, Calf stretching, but also reverses gravity’s aging effects and increases blood flow to your face. The gentle inversion pose helps new blood flow into the face deliver oxygen and other nutrients and fight inflammation and free radicals slowing down ageing process.
How to do Uttanasana?
- Start the asana by standing with your feet hips-width apart and toes pointing forward.
- Place your hands on your hips.
- Inhale and lengthen your spine. Exhale and fold from your hips to lower your head toward the floor.
- Use your hands to hold onto opposite elbows or grab hold of your calves, or simply dangle toward the floor.
- Close your eyes and breathe deeply
- Hold the pose for few seconds and perform 5 reps.
2. Ardha Matsyendrasana (Seated Twist)
The Ardha Matsyendrasana or Half Spinal Twist Pose or seated twist posture expands your chest, relieves the pain of neck and shoulders, and is beneficial in getting rid of toxins as well as do wonders for your skin.
How to do Ardha Matsyendrasana
- Begin by sitting in a seated position with both legs extended in front of you.
- Slightly bend your right leg and keep the right sole of your foot next to your left knee.
- Twist your torso to left and keep the right hand behind for support.
- To increase the twist, push gently into the outside of your right knee with your elbow
- Hold on to posture for a minute by breathing deeply through your nose.
- Repeat this yoga asana for skin beauty on other side as well.
3. Matsyasana (Fish Pose)
Matsyasana is one of yoga asanas for beautiful skin, as it makes your neck and spine arch back increasing blood to flow through the neck, and into your face. Practicing the Fish Pose makes you notice a difference in your complexion and help you glowing.
How to do Matsyasana
- Lie down on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- Keep your hands straight and pointed on either side.
- With your head touching the ground, raise your hips one side at a time, while doing so, keep your hands under each hip.
- On an exhale, bend your elbows and push your upper body off the floor, while keeping your lower body stationary on ground.
- Hold the Asana for five counts and inhale as you rest your back on the floor.
4. Sirsana (Headstand)
Sirsana otherwise referred as the King of the Asanas benefits you in healthy looking skin. Headstand basically allows a free facelift, as you completely invert your body which causes your skin to hang in the opposite direction that helps fresh blood, and oxygen to flow to your body. Sirsana is the yoga for beautiful face
How to do Sirsana
- Get onto your knee son the mat, and about two feet in front of your knees, interlace your fingers and set your forearms on the floor.
- Keep in mind to make your elbows shoulder width apart
- Now, place the top of your head on the mat, which means your back of your head is on your palms.
- Ticking your toes, straighten your legs and try making your feet toward the elbows.
- While you inhale, lift your feet from the mat, so that you’re balancing with your knees tucked in close to your chest
- Gently straighten your legs over your head. Breathe deeply for 10 seconds holding the asana.
Got to know the yoga asanas for beautiful skin? Try these poses and get glowing and flawless skin.
*Results may vary from person to person and results are not guaranteed