Dry and Chapped lips are troublesome, especially in winters. But do you know that simple ingredient like Coconut oil can treat chapped lips. So ditch those chemical-loaded store-bought lips care products and try the best lip balm for chapped lips with Coconut oil.
Coconut oil for lips – How it works?
Coconut oil is loaded with ample minerals that locks the needed moisture to the lips and cures dryness. The medium fatty acids in coconut oil reinforce the skin’s lipid layer and make them soft and supple. The antibacterial and antifungal properties will heal the bacterial growth in the cracked lips and protects the lips from harmful sun rays. Coconut oil also contains lauric acid that helps relieve inflammation and protects from moisture loss.
1. DIY Coconut oil lip balm
Try this best lip balm for chapped lips that works as good alternative for a store-bought and chemical based lip-balm. The ingredients in the lip balm include Beeswax which helps protect lips from the external factors while coconut oil locks the moisture and prevent dry, chapped lips and Vitamin E neutralizes the effect of free radicals. Use essential oil of your choice.
Take a tablespoon each of grated beeswax and coconut oil in a bowl and place it in a pan. Heat it using double boiler method to melt the ingredients.
- Once the ingredients begin melting, add a bit of honey.
- Add 2 vitamin E capsules into it and few drops of any essential oil of your choice, once you get the liquid consistency.
- Mix the ingredients well and put off the flame.
- Transfer the ingredients into a container.
- Leave it so that it cools down and turns solid consistency.
- Store it and apply the coconut oil lip balm over the lips several times a day.
2. Vanilla- Coconut Lip Balm
Rather than directly using coconut oil for dry lips, opt for this DIY Vanilla Lip Balm with Coconut Oil which is the best natural lip balm and acts as best cure for chapped lips
- Take a tablespoon each of grated beeswax, shea butter and coconut oil in a bowl and place it in a pan.
- Use a double boiler method to melt the ingredients.
- Put off the flame and add 10-12 of vanilla extract and stir well.
- Transfer the mix into container and let it cool down to solidify.
- Apply this best natural lip balm several times a day for dry lips remedy
Try out the above best lip balm for chapped lips instead of directly applying coconut oil on lips. Coconut oil is the best cure for chapped lips and dry lips remedy