Kiwi fruits or Chinese gooseberry is loaded with phyto-chemicals, vitamins and minerals, and offers amazing health benefits. Read on the Health Benefits and Nutrition Facts of Kiwis, and risks and precautions.
Nutrition Facts of Kiwis
100 gms of kiwi berry holds 61 calories, and they are excellent source of anti-oxidants, minerals, vitamins and fiber.
Kiwis contain vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin E. They are good sources of dietary fiber, potassium, folate, manganese and copper. Kiwi-fruit seeds are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids.
Health Benefits of Kiwis
1. Kiwis have twice more Vitamin C than Oranges – An Excellent source of antioxidant vitamin-C, Kiwis help your body develop resistance against infectious agents and scavenge harmful free radicals
2. Kiwis are a good source of Potassium, which promotes heart health and regulates blood pressure levels, while the Magnesium in fruit acts as bone-strengthening mineral.
3. Kiwis are also good source of Vitamin E, which promotes healthy and beautiful skin.
4. Kiwis contain Folic acid that helps in preventing cardiovascular diseases.
5. Kiwis are good source of soluble dietary fiber (3.8 g per 100 g of fruit), which protects against cancer-causing chemicals in the colon, lowers cholesterol levels, regulates blood sugar and treats constipation.
6. The chemical-compounds in kiwis functions as blood thinner agents similar to aspirin, preventing the clot formation inside the blood vessels, and further preventing strokes and heart-attack risk.
7. Kiwis seeds are packed with omega-3 fatty acids that helps prevent development of ADHD, autism and other disorders in children, besides promoting cardiovascular health.
Risks and Precautions of Kiwi
Allergic reactions to kiwifruit are rare. However, too much consumption of Kiwis are linked to a health problem related to the possible reaction of our immune system called Latex-fruit syndrome
Otherwise, Kiwis can also be safely consumed by pregnant mothers and children