Acne is a skin problem that is not just restricted to face but also may develop on the chest, shoulders, arms, legs and buttock as well as on your back. Back Acne can be painful and is usually caused by bacteria and excess production of sebum in the pores of the skin. Here are the effective and Best Home Remedies for Back Acne.
1. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt or magnesium sulfate is one of the best remedies to get rid of back acne as it flushes out toxins and reduces inflammation, redness, and itchiness. Plus the Epsom salt aid in activating the enzymes that help your body absorb potassium, vitamin D, and zinc which are beneficial for skin health.
- Fill your bath tub with warm water.
- Add 1-2 cups of Epsom salt and do not use other commercial soaps, gels, or shampoos combined with Epsom Salt bath.
- Soak for 20-30 minutes and scrub with a loofah.
- Also note that you should not rub Epsom salt directly onto the skin as it is abrasive and lead to skin irritations. Drink good amount of water after an Epsom salt bath.
Loaded with salicylic acid, Tomatoes can treat the back acne, especially drying them out quickly. The anti-inflammatory properties in it help reduce pain and inflammation linked to acne.
- Rub a ripe tomato slice on the back acne for the cure daily and rinse it off with warm water. Alternatively, take a tablespoon of tomato juice and mix it with few drops of lemon juice and ½ teaspoon of raw honey.
- Mix them together and apply it on the affected areas with a cotton ball.
- Leave it for 5 to 10 minutes and rinse it off with warm water.
Oatmeal works as natural cleanser and it helps cleanse the skin pores and absorb the excess oil that aids in treating acne. It calms the inflamed skin area with its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Mix a tablespoon of oatmeal with 2 teaspoons of water to make a paste.
- Dampen the back area and massage it on the affected area in a circular motion.
- Leave it for 10 minutes and use this remedy 1 or 2 times a week.
Borax is also considered a. This powerful antimicrobial agent helps eliminate bacteria and other toxins in and on the skin. Plus, it works as an anti-inflammatory agent, which aids in reducing the pain and inflammation associated with back acne.
- Mix ½ teaspoon of borax powder in a bowl and add a teaspoon of glycerin and a little water to form a paste.
- Apply it on the back acne and allow it to dry.
- Rinse the dry paste off with warm water.
- Splash some cool water and towel dry the skin.
Repeat twice daily
5. Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree Oil is another excellent home remedy for back acne, as the natural antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties can help dry out the acne quickly and lower the redness and inflammation. Tea tree oil can treat mild to moderate acne vulgaris.
Add 1 or 2 drops of tea tree oil onto a cotton ball and dab it on the back acne areas. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes Rinse off with lukewarm water. Use it once daily.
To a spoon of honey, mix 4 or 5 drops of tea tree oil and apply it on the affected areas. Leave it for 15 minutes, then rinse it off with water. Repeat once.
Try these Best Home Remedies for Back Acne and acne scars. Try these backne remedies until you find the one that works best for you.