What are Razor Burns? Razor burns or Razor rashes on legs can lead to skin conditions such as bluish skin coloration, burning of skin and swelling of the skin. Razor burn on legs are caused due to dry shaving on legs, use of a dull or old razor on legs or not using of any skin conditioner before shaving. Shaving with razor may also cause razor cuts and razor bumps. So, here are quick home remedies to get rid of razor burn on legs
How to Get Rid Of Razor Burn Fast On Legs:
1. Ice Packs
The quick and the easiest remedy for razor burn on legs is applying ice pack cold compress on the affected areas. The numbness on the skin with icepacks can lower the redness, inflammation, and itching of the skin. Repeat 2-3 times for effective results.
2. Warm compresses
Get rid of razor bumps with Warm compresses that act as pain relievers putting an end to the itchiness, redness and the pain at the site of razor burn. It is another quick remedy that can cure razor burns immediately on legs.
A common painkiller for headaches, Aspirin paste also works as one of the best home remedies for razor bumps. This helps skin become better in less than an hour and reduce the pain and itchiness as well. . It is vital to reduce the inflammation and bruises of the razor burns immediately
Cucumbers are not just packed with anti-inflammatory properties, but the rich sources of vitamins K and C aids in relieving itchiness after shaving legs and helps in getting rid of bruises caused due to razor burn on legs. Place the sliced cucumbers in refrigerator for 10 minutes, and rub these slices on the areas of razor burns.
5. Black tea bags
Black tea bags act as natural remedy for razor rash. Many of you might have already known that Black tea bags soothes sunburns, but they also have the potential to get rid of razor burn fast. Moisten the black tea bags in lukewarm water and refrigerate them. After about 10 minutes, rub them on the affected areas.
How to prevent razor bumps on Legs?
1. Do not shave legs immediately after you hop into shower. Hang out in shower or bath for about 15 minutes to start shaving, as this helps soften the hair and open up follicles. Experts recommend Shaving at night, since your legs swell slightly while you sleep that makes hair retreat back into its follicles.
2. Lather up your legs- Do not shave dry and use a moisturizing shaving cream to lather up your legs, and this helps avoid nicks and cuts while shaving. Alternatively, you can use a hair conditioner. Dermatologists however do not recommend bar soaps. “It doesn’t create enough lubrication for a razor to slide easily against your skin, which can up the odds of cuts.”
3. Invest in four- or five-blade razor- The multiple blade razor provide the smoothest results by gliding easily through tricky areas like knees and ankles. Also it is equally important to replace razor blade often, otherwise it may lead to bumps and redness and trap bacteria that can cause infections.
4. Shave in the direction of your hair grows (down the leg) and don’t shave upward at all. When you shave against the grain, it can increase the irritation, nicks, and cuts. If you’d still like a closer shave, reapply the gel and shave again, against the direction of the hair growth, says the dermatologists.
5. Shave less to prevent- Do not shave every day, as it will not allow your skin time to heal be it the irritation on legs, groin or bikini area. Shaving after 2 to 3 days is a good step in the direction you want. Also, avoid stretching your skin as you shave.
Follow these home remedies for razor bumps and Razor burn on legs to prevent razor bumps? For more home remedies, stay glued to this space.