Shaving creams are regular part of daily or beauty routine, and they make your shaving process easy and smooth. We know that there are lots of shaving creams in the market but majority of them are loaded with chemicals and preservatives that can make your skin irritated and dry. We have come up with a DIY Shaving Cream for Smoother Shaving routine which is not only free of chemicals but with save your money as well.
This homemade shaving cream is a good alternative for the commercial shaving creams in the market. Plus it is much easier to prepare. The main ingredients of this DIY Shaving Cream include Shea butter, Extra-virgin coconut oil and olive oil.
Plus, using these 3 ingredients in the Shaving creams will act as moisturizers as well and alleviates dryness and soothes the skin. They work great for preventing razor burns.
However, these natural shaving creams do not lather or offer a regular foamy shave. All you need to do is apply a thin layer of homemade shaving cream on skin and shave against the direction of your hair growth.
DIY shaving cream Recipe
- Shea butter– 1/2 cup
- Extra-virgin coconut oil – 1/2 cup
- Extra-virgin olive oil – 1/3 cup
- Essential oil of your choice (Peppermint, Lavender) – 8 drops
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Take a microwave-safe bowl and add 1/2 cup of extra-virgin coconut oil and 1/2 cup of shea butter.
- Place the bowl in a microwave and heat the contents for about 1 minute. This helps the ingredients melt into liquid consistency.
- Now, add 1/3 cup of Extra-virgin olive oil to the contents and mix.
- For fragrance, add both the essential oils including peppermint essential oil and lavender essential oil preferably 5-8 drops each.
- Use a toothpick to mix the ingredients.
- Refrigerate the bowl or about 2 hours and it will make the mixture solidified. Allow it to sit in room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Use an electric hand whisker to whisk the contents for 4 minutes until it gets smoother consistency.
This completes our DIY shaving cream and your natural shaving cream is all ready for use. For usage, saturate your skin with warm water and apply thin layer of homemade shaving cream and begin the shaving process for easier and smooth shave.