Golden Milk is a combination of Milk, juiced turmeric root and black pepper, and has been used as common remedy for cold, congestion, headache, sore throats and more. While it’s the ancient remedy in India, the golden milk has been becoming trendy in rest of the world for its amazing health benefits. Turmeric and Milk mixed with Ginger and Black Pepper offers too many health benefits including the improving digestion and lowering the effects of depression.
Wondering why Turmeric Milk is referred as Golden Milk? Because the ancient beverage has golden hue, which appears from its main ingredient turmeric, the bright-yellow colour.
Health Benefits of Golden Milk
• Destroys cancer cells and promotes healthy cell function protecting from Cancer.
• It promotes anti-angiogenesis, which aids in development of blood supply required for cancer cell growth
• Suppress symptoms associated with Type 2 Diabetes
• Enhance wound healing
• Supports healthy cholesterol levels
• Reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s disease
• Protects against liver damage
• A common remedy for cold, congestion, headache, sore throat.
How to prepare Golden Milk-Recipe
2 cups of dairy milk or substitute coconut milk
1 teaspoon dried turmeric
1 teaspoon dried ginger
Honey to taste
Directions to prepare Golden Milk
Pour Milk in a saucepan and Heat it on medium heat
Add the spices-Turmeric, Ginger, and Black pepper to the Milk. Stir well.
Allow it to heat for a minute or two, but don’t overheat the milk.
Bring to a slow simmer; Turn off the heat, cover, and let the mixture sit for 5 minutes to enhance infusion.
Strain the Golden Milk and Serve warm by adding Honey.