Copper is one of the minerals required for biological activities such as antioxidant effects, energy generation, tissue regeneration and to help form hemoglobin and collagen in the body. In fact human brain contains more copper than any other organ except liver, where copper stores are tapped. Treat Copper deficiency symptoms with Foods rich in Copper as well as supplements.
Copper Deficiency Symptoms
- Increased parasitic infections
- Joint pains
- Lowered immunity
Following is the list of Top 10 Copper Rich foods. The RDA for copper is 900 mcg/day. The Daily Value is 2 mg. Consume 2 servings of these foods rich in copper per day. However, copper needs in balance with zinc and iron in the body. An overdose of copper throws the others out of balance.
|Foods||Copper in 100g|
|Kale||1.5mg (75% DV)|
|Oysters||5.71mg (285% DV)|
|Mushrooms||0.9mg (45% DV)|
|Cashew Nuts||2.22mg (111% DV)|
|Sesame seeds||4.08mg (204% DV)|
|Chickpeas||0.35mg (18% DV)|
|Prunes||0.61mg (31% DV)|
|Avocados||0.19mg (10% DV)|
|Goat Cheese||0.73mg (37% DV)|
|Fermented Soy Foods||0.56mg (28% DV)|
Health Benefits of Copper
1. Intake of Copper rich foods lowers “bad” cholesterol (LDL cholesterol) and increases good cholesterol (HDL cholesterol).
2. Including foods rich in Copper in diet boosts immunity and plays a role in the healing process and ensures better wound healing.
3. One of the major Health Benefits of Copper include the production of red blood cells, hemoglobin, and bone matter.
4. Copper rich diet ensures the proper function of the thyroid gland. On the flip side, overdose of copper is a major cause of thyroid malfunction!
5. Copper has potential to destroy or inhibit the growth of bacterial strains such as E Coli.
6. Adequate levels of copper in body ensures proper functional and accessible energy to get through the day without fatigue or weakness.
7. Copper helps Prevent Premature Aging, due to the strongest antioxidant Superoxide dismutase
8. As said copper helps in the absorption of iron from the intestinal tract and in the release from its primary storage Liver. It promotes healthy red blood cell count and proper oxygenation.
9. Copper is either an element or a cofactor in several enzymes that ensures proper functioning which is specifically important in certain brain pathways, particularly those involving dopamine and galactose.
10. Copper Rich Foods are referred as “brain food” because it helps enable certain neural pathways and has been linked to higher thought processes, mainly in association to the impact of its transporter protein, Atp7a.
With as many as Health Benefits of Copper, you sure need to include these Top 10 Foods rich in Copper in your daily diet to ensure you overcome Copper deficiency symptoms