Antioxidants can be found as vitamins, minerals or phytochemicals in wide variety of foods and they help prevent certain types of cell damage caused due to oxidation and in turn lower risks of health conditions like heart disease, cancer and dementia. Rather than opting for “antioxidant-rich” supplements, always opt for High Antioxidant Foods- fruits and vegetables, as each of them provide unique combination of various antioxidants.
Reap all the benefits of Antioxidant by adding these 10 High Antioxidant Foods to your shopping list when you visit your local farmers market. The best bet is to consume all the seasonal produce fruits and veggies.
Here’s the list of 10 High Antioxidant Foods to include in diet. There is no DA or Daily Value set for antioxidants. The measurements are based on 100 grams of each food or herb.
|Goji berries||25,000 ORAC Score|
|Wild Blueberries||14,000 ORAC Score|
|Dark Chocolate||21,000 ORAC Score|
|Pecans||17,000 ORAC Score|
|Artichoke||9,400 ORAC Score|
|Elderberries||14,000 ORAC Score|
|Kidney Beans||8,400 ORAC Score|
|Cranberries||9,500 ORAC Score|
|Blackberries||5,300 ORAC Score|
|Cilantro||5,100 ORAC Score|
The top Antioxidant Herbs List includes Cloves, Cinnamon, Oregano, Turmeric, Garlic, Cocoa, Parsley, Cumin, Basil, Ginger, Thyme.
Benefits of Antioxidant Foods
1. Get the antioxidants to protect the macula from sun damage and improve your eye vision.
2. Foods rich in antioxidants aid in neutralizing the damaging effects of free radicals and oxidative stress and help slow aging signs by regenerating skin cells and restoring the elasticity of skin.
3. The dietary antioxidant herbs and foods are proven to reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer as well as fight inflammation.
4. Foods containing Anthocyanins, flavonoids (antioxidants) help in lowering blood pressure and dilate blood vessels, and are linked to lower risk of heart attack.
5. High Antioxidant Foods provide detoxification support thus aiding weight loss and fat burn. at Natural foods-fruits, vegetables and whole grains which are packed with antioxidants, and have anti-inflammatory properties to lose belly fat.
Now that you learnt the Benefits of Antioxidant foods, ensure you add these top 10 High Antioxidant Foods and Antioxidant Herbs to your diet.