Learning Cancer awareness, symptoms and signs and treatment is important, as the deadly disease can spread in no time, if you are overlooking such signs. Cancer detection and diagnosis at early stages result in better treatment.
Listen to your body and if you notice anything different, odd, or unexplainable, do not neglect it and consult the doctor. Here are 15 Cancer Symptoms women often ignore…
Excessive weight loss or loss of appetite or weight gain suddenly
- Weakness, Tiredness or fatigue or lack of energy.
- Oral ulcer that refuses to heal
- Lumps in breast, nipple discharge, Breast dimpling, discoloration
- Abnormal periods or pelvic pain
- Difficulty in swallowing,
- Persistent cough with blood, frequent fevers or infections
- Swollen neck nodes, nodes in underarms and abnormal swellings
- Excessive bruising
- Bloating, rectal bleeding.
- Noticeable skin changes such as skin turning dark, spots, mole getting raised.
- Heavy menstrual bleeding or inter-menstrual bleeding
- Any abnormal per vaginum discharge or post-coital bleeding
- Stomach pain or nausea
- Postmenopausal bleeding
Reduce the risk of cancer
While pap smears and mammograms are significant in screening of cervical and breast cancer, the other prevention strategies of cancer include quitting smoking, alcohol, avoiding radiation exposure and inculcating a healthy balanced diet lowers the risk of cancer.