Warts are small local painless growths in the skin. These are caused by a virus known as human papillomavirus (HPV). These warts can be disfiguring and embarrassing but are generally harmless. Sometimes, these warts may itch or hurt, particularly in the feet. Some warts are spread through the sexes and are known as genital warts. Warts can disappear on their own with time but it may take a very long time or say years. Check out warts symptoms and treatments in the following content.
Types of Warts and Symptoms
Table of contents
Common warts: These warts usually appear on the hands but can be on any part of the body. They do not cause any pain until they are repeatedly rubbed.
Flat warts: These warts generally appear on the face and forehead. Such ones are common in children but are rarely found in adults.
Plantar warts: These warts can also appear on the sole of feet and can be very painful. Sometimes, it becomes very difficult to walk or run due to a plantar wart.
Genital warts: These warts are usually found on the genitals, between the thighs. However, these warts can also appear inside the vagina and anal canal. They are contagious and spread to other parts. Also, genital warts may be transmitted to another person but this is uncommon.
Periungual and subungual: These warts usually develop under and around the fingernails and toenails.
The wart is a raised oval or round growth on the skin. These can be lighter, darker, or black colored as compared to other skin. Some warts may have a smooth or flat surface and some may cause pain.
Prevention of Warts
You can reduce the risk of further spreading or catching common warts by taking the following precautions:
- Do not touch warts. Avoid any direct contact to reduce the risk of spreading any further.
- Do not scratch or pick at warts, as the habit may further spread the virus.
- Avoid using other people’s stuff. Do not share personal items such as nail clippers, towels, pumice stones, and washcloths.
- Moreover, do not share your shoes, slippers, or socks with other people.
- Do not bite your fingernails because warts commonly target broken and damaged skin. When you nibble the skin around your fingernails, it invites viruses and bacteria.
- Use grooming products with care. Do not use combs and brushes on the areas having warts. Avoid clipping hair or shaving around warts. A better alternative is to use an electric razor.
- Maintain proper hygiene. Use separate clippers for healthy and infected nails. Thoroughly wash your hands after touching or treating a wart.
- Keep your hands dry as much as possible.
- Wear waterproof footwear in locker rooms or public showers.
Awareness is the key to the cure. Therefore, keep reading about wart symptoms and treatments further.
Complications With Warts
Although most warts go away over time without any significant problems. Sometimes, stubborn warts can cause the following possible issues:
- Cancer – It is more commonly linked with HPV and genital warts. These warts can cause several different cancers, such as anal, throat, and cervical cancer. You can avoid the risk of genital warts by using condoms and getting the HPV vaccine.
- Disfigurement – Generally seen in people with a weak immune system. They develop unappealing clusters of warts throughout different body parts.
- Infection – Very common in people who do not maintain proper hygiene.
- Pain – Often observed in plantar warts that grow inward into the foot.
Treatments for warts
There are various treatments available for warts but warts may respond erratically to various treatments. If you consult doctors they have various approaches to get rid of these warts.
One of the most popular options is cryotherapy. In this method, the doctor will freeze the wart for 1-3 weeks depending upon the intensity of the wart by using liquid nitrogen. Additionally, this method is quite effective and will normally remove warts.
Laser treatment is another option. In this treatment, the light beam destroys the tiny blood vessels inside the wart which may also get destroyed. This procedure may also fight off the virus inside. Moreover, this procedure is ideal for hard-to-reach places where warts are located. This laser treatment is called pulsed-dye laser.
The flip side of this treatment is that it may leave scars on the skin and some remnants might still exist in the skin which may spread bacteria, fungi, or viruses.
However, there are other kinds of laser treatments too such as carbon dioxide laser and garnet laser.
Other Methods for Wart Treatment
FDA-approved wart removers are also available in the market. You can also apply herbal-based liquid medication to the affected area which is quite safe.
Several types of over-the-counter drugs like creams, and gels are also available in the market that claims to dissolve and kill warts. Some of the drugs contain salicylic acid and some cream contains hydrogen peroxide.
Many people try to get rid of warts with home remedies by applying lemon or lime juice to warts several times a day. Some people use apple cider vinegar. They believe that acid in these products will dissolve the hard surface of warts and kills the virus. In fact, we need specific treatments that remove the root cause of warts. Here we will discuss herbal products to get rid of warts.
Cure Warts with “Natural Warts Product”
H-Warts: A Natural Warts Product is an herbal wart treatment. This is a natural formula designed specifically for warts by using established ingredients. H warts contain the highest quality of pure essential oils, extracted from plants. The formula is completely natural – free from all herbicides, pesticides, and chemicals. H-Warts are specially formulated for common warts, verruca, flat warts, facial warts, and planters warts.
H-Warts Formula 11ml
from: Healing Natural Oils
Made up of the highest quality essential oil and homeopathic ingredients, H-Warts Formula is gentle on the skin and safe for adults and children over 4 yrs. It contains no harmful additives, is FDA listed, and is manufactured to the highest standards in a GMP facility in the USA.
The result will vary from person to person. You may expect positive results within 2-6 weeks of use by applying three times a day. Take the precaution that you do not touch or scratch the wart. Stubborn warts may take a little longer.
When you apply H-Warts Formula on your face and body over time, warts change color, diminish in size, and gradually flake away. However, the time may vary from person to person. Ideally, most common warts go away within one to two weeks.
To apply this product place a few drops on a Q-tip or use your fingers. Simply dab each wart and there is no need to saturate them. This product also comes with a 90 day money-back guarantee.
1. You should not use this product for children aged below 4 years.
2. This should not be used by those who are pregnant or nursing.
Remove Moles, Warts and Skin Tags
Can Face Yoga Help You Get a Better Smile?