Gone are the days where people thought biceps curls are for only men! Women are training for sculpt strong and toned arms for better looking personality. Plus the shapely biceps and triceps are vital for being a strong lifter. Here’s a quick guide on best Bicep Exercises for Women.
The best thing about arm exercises for women workout at home is they don’t have to spend a million hours working them. You can work your arms directly two days per week for 30-45 minutes. Complete one to two sets of eight to 12 repetitions for each of the exercises you do using five- to 10-pound (two- to five- kilogram) weights for Dumbbell exercises.
1. Close Grip Chin-Ups
Chin-ups and pull-ups are not all same. You can work on which muscles you wanted to focus by the way you place your hand. For instance, you wanted to focus more of the muscles in your upper arm then keep your palms close together on the chin-up bar.
How to do chin-ups
- Opt for either a freestanding pull-up bar or a gym machine to support your body weight.
- Keep your hands shoulder-width apart and grab the bar with your palms facing you.
- Begin from hanging position then raise yourself up towards the bar until your chin is just above it.
- Slowly get back to the start position.
2. Arm Circles
If you are looking for bicep exercises for women, then incorporate arm circles into your daily workout, as it is one of the best ways to tone your shoulders down to the elbows. Get rid of arm flab by trying arm circles with a pair of dumbbells.
How to do arm circles
- Stand straight with your arms out to your side, and taking 5 pound dumbbell in each hand, raise to the shoulder-height.
- Move your arms forward in small, circular motions for few seconds.
- Now switch to do circles in the opposite direction for another minute or so.
- Perform larger circles forward and backward for 5 counts each.
- Get back your arms to start position.
3. Hammer Curls
Hammer Curls are great for smaller arm muscles while the standard biceps curls emphasize on the biceps brachii, the largest muscle of the arm. They are one of the best exercises for women.
How to do hammer curls
- With a 5- to 10-pound dumbbell in each hand, stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Let your palms face your side as you bend your elbows to raise.
- Lower the weights to your shoulders and back down
- Inhale on the lift and exhale when you back down.
4. Counter Push Ups
Another effective exercise to get rid of the arm fat is the Counter pushups, that can be done using a table or kitchen counter. The focus is on stability.
How to do Counter Push Ups
- Start off the exercise facing the counter with your arms on it to balance your hands, and your feet touching the base of the counter.
- Follow what you usually do in push-ups by bending the elbows and come down till you touch the counter.
- Now straighten your elbows and come back to your starting position. T
- The results of Counter pushups in losing your weight will show in three weeks.
5. Bicep Curls
The most popular and efficient biceps exercises for women is Bicep Curls, as it primarily emphasizes on the biceps brachii, brachialis, and brachioradialis. Try the basic form and then switch to arm curls, concentration curls as part of womens workout at home.
How to do biceps curls?
- Take 5- to 10-pound dumbbell in either hands with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Place your arms by your side with your palms facing outward.
- Bend your arms at the elbows to raise the weights to your shoulders.
- Straighten back down with control.
So women, get those sculpt lean, toned upper arms by incorporating these 5 Bicep Exercises for Women in your exercise routine. For more arm exercises without weights or best exercises for women, do visit Nutrihealthline.com
*Results may vary from person to person and results are not guaranteed